Tuesday, January 31, 2017

1st Baptism!!!!

Well today was a fantastic week!!!! On Sunday we had my first Baptism which was so cool! A 9 year old girl names Valentina! She is so awesome! But her baptism was quite funny... 
So I got the chance of baptizing her which was so cool! But little did I know, she was scared of water... She spent like 4 mins just walking down into the font and calming down and then after the prayer like 10-11 mins freaking out! It was sooooo long hahahaha! But finally she trusted me and she was baptized!!! It was such a great experience!!

Then to top off the best day ever we found 2 golden investigators!!! Walter and Nora! They are about 50 years old have 4 kids and are married!! Yes they are married! I repeat, married! Its a real problem down here haha! But seriously, we gave walter a folleto at his gate and then just asked if we could come in and talk more! He lets us in and we talked to him and his wife for no kidding over 2 hours!!! It was seriously the greatest thing ever! The entire time they were so intrigued and wanting to know more! They asked so many great questions! The gift of tongues is so real! Spanish is sooo hard all the time but during the lesson I was able to speak so much better! After teaching them the lesson we asked if we could pray with them, us first and then them, to ask if these things we have said were true! And their response was, "we already know these things are true, we have no doubts!" hahahaha it was awesome!!! We prayed anyways, all 4 of us said a prayer and the spirt was so strong! Nora started crying. It was awesome! They both agreed to be baptized on the 12th of February! I am so excited for them!

So ya Argentina is great! I love it here and the food is soooo good! I eat a ton for lunch which is needed because breakfast is super small and dinner is non existent haha! Right now I eat .25 of a potato, some oatmeal, and a banana for breakfast! Serving on rations! Its awesome lol! If the pilgrims could do it, why cant I! Love you all! Love to hear from you! This church is true! Christ is our savior! I am a living witness of him! I promise this gospel will make you happier if you just let it in! I am so greatful for this time to serve in Argentina and know I am meant to be here! Love you all!
-- 
Con Amor,

Elder Zaugg 




The Nasty river that I am very curious why people swim in it!


The Ukulele I bought this week lol! It is so fun to play hahaha! My Comp is teaching me! 

 Mate, pronounced Ma-tay! What everyone used to drink mate here! 

 My mission mom Mama Salgado! She is seriously so awesome! She helps me ton with Spanish and makes us food all the time! She considers the missionaries her own children!
Valentina after the baptism! 
2 of the 3 dogs that are practically our pets here in Carlos Paz! They are so crazy hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment