Tuesday, September 26, 2017

I'm tired and don't want to think of a title

So this was probably one of the longest and fastest weeks of my life! Now to explain what i mean... So this week we had 2 conferences for the mission! One day half the mission came and the next the other half! Now these days are pretty normal for missionaries but when youre in the office they are super busy hahaha! We basically have to make sure everything is ready and then the days of the conferences we are super busy. We also dont really sleep too much those days so that doesnt help... So these 2 days go by super fast but they also feel super long hahaha! Then we also had transfers this week. So as the financiero I have to help a ton of missionaries buy ticketes for their new areas. So i got to the terminal at around 930 and was working non stop until around 12! It was super busy and a little chaotic hahahaha! So yah i had some crazy busy days this week in the office and with all that I still managed to get to the area and have a solid week!
So this was my last week with Elder Saez! Hes been training me for the past 6 weeks to be the Financiero and now today he left me all alone... hahaha so now i gotta make decisions on my own which should be fun haha! I loved this trasfer with Elder Saez tho! he was a super dope comp!! My new comp is elder Vaz! He is from Brazil! He is a stud! We get along so great! I can already tell we are going to go ham this transfer! i am way excited!!! 
So enough about that stuff... this week was awesome for a few reasons! We had 2 investigators in the church this Sunday! Lautaro, a kid that came 2 weeks ago, and Azul, who came with her family who are members. We are reactivating the family after 2 years of not coming! I love the family so much already! They are super awesome! we ate dinner with them this week and they told us it was the first time they ever had the missionaries over for dinner! It was super awesome! the kids love us so much! They are alwasy so happy when we come over and i love that!
One thing I learned hard core this week is the importance of hard work and serving others. I know a lot of the time we are naturally selfish people and dont want to do things for others. But this week by constantly helping the other 180 missionaries each day, I can honeslty say that one feels a lot happier after serving someone else. Sometimes we don´t realize it right away but its true! Service is a great way to make others happier and in turn it makes us happier too! I love the mission so much and am so happy for all the things i have learned here! I know this work is the most important thing I could be doing right now and am so proud to be able to put on my plaque every day and serve the Lord!

-- 
Con Amor,
Elder Zaugg



No comments:

Post a Comment