Tuesday, August 22, 2017

First Week in the Office :) (8/22/17)

Well one week in the office and I have to say it wasn't too bad! I actually like it so far! So I am the Financial Secretary which basically means I deal with all the financial transactions in the mission! That included the money of the missionaries, fixes for the pensions, and a bunch of other stuff that I still don't know haha! But yah so far my job has been super easy and no stress but we will see if it stays like that!
My "Dad" in the office is Elder Saez. He is teaching me everything I need to know to be the Financial Secretary on my own in 5 more weeks. So office elders, like myself now, are working in the office every day from around 10 in the morning to around 6 at night. So we only get around 4 hours out in the area each night but let me tell you, those 4 hours are golden! We definitely get blessed for our service in the office! From just the days of Wednesday to Saturday (half the week) we taught more lessons and found more people to teach than I use to find in a whole week! My  area is called Villa Belgrano and it is the best!!!!! So many people love talking with us! I love it! Every night we have lessons to teach and find new people to start teaching! So yah the 4 hours we do get in the field and like normal missionary hours on steroids! We literally walk from Lesson to lesson and happen to find new people to teach on the way! Its so dope!
We currently are teaching quite a few families that hopefully will start progressing in the upcoming weeks! I will keep you informed on them! For now I am going to talk about the family of Tiziana! Tiziana is 12 and her sister Celeste was just baptized 2 weeks ago! She wants to be baptized this next week so pray for her! As well as her brothers Cristian and Fabio! They have 15 years and 8 years! They also are planning on getting baptized soon but they aren't as sure as Tiziana! So please keep them all in your prayers! They all came to church this sunday which was super dope!
So something I leaned here this week is that God has a plan for all of us. Sometimes his plan is not exactly what we want at the moment. For instance, I just wanted to be a normal missionary working in the field every day but now I have a little more responsibilities and am not able to work as much in the field as I would like. But when we do God's plan and not our own, he blesses us with success! And I know he is going to bless me with the success that I want which to baptize his children here in Villa Belgrano! I love this scirpture in Alma that talks about when we are feeling a little down,

"27; Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."
The lord will always bless us with success if we just follow his plan! So do it! Follow the Lord's plan and watch how much happier you will be!

-- 
Con Amor,
Elder Zaugg





No comments:

Post a Comment