Saturday, December 10, 2016

FIRST WEEK

Hola mi familia! The MTC is so awesome! I seriously have loved it here!
 First I want to give a shoutout to my little brother Clay! Goodluck in your games today! Go score some goals!!!

Well the first day was definitely a different then normal life hahaha! WE got here and were instantly put in our class room and met our companion! I got super lucky! My companions name is Elder Hansen! He is so sick! We are very alike and get along great which is a tender mercy because i was very worried about my first companion! I was instantly blessed when getting to the MTC, I saw so many friendly faces from back home like ELDER MOON!!! He is doing so great and seeing his smile really helped me stay positive on the first day! Also seeing Ally as I was getting out of the car was a great blessing! I am so glad that we got to come the same day as well as Karigan! Seriously love them! We learned a little bit of spanish the first day but not too much!

The second day was the hardest day ever for me, mentally! It seriously was 9 hours of class!! And to make it harder it was ALL IN SPANISH! The first few hours were pretty rough but the gift of tounges is real! Spanish came back so fast! I am better at understanding and speaking spanish now in just 3 days then i ever was in 4 years of high school lol! But i gotta say, having the 4 year background helped so much so i definitely recomend it! Our district really got to get to know each other on the 2nd day! We were with each other the whole time! There are 10 elders in our district! We all get along super well! The day ended with at least a 4-5 hour meeting on our purpose...(not really 4-5 hours is just felt like that long.....) Im pretty sure our whole district was falling asleep which isnt easy in the chairs we got but hey I got tons of practice from Sacrament meeting back home :) 

Friday was the best day! I was finally more comfortable in the MTC and all the class was awesome! In the first 3 hours of class we planned a lesson for an investigator! This wasn't too hard but then we had to teach it in spanish hahaha! We were a little nervous to do this because we didnt know much but honestly it went so well! Cesar was an amazing guy! His spanish was actually pretty easy to understand which was awesome and probably because of the gift of tounges and I was able to communicate with him very well! Each set of companions in our district had a 20 min lesson with Cesar! Elder Hansen and I got to teach about God! We explained very basically that God exists and that he loves him!  We read from some scriptures and testified that we knew this to be true!  We then prayed with him at the end of the lesson and the spirit was very strong! I am so thankful for Elder Hansen! He is very spiritual and knows so much about the gospel! So luckily he was with me to plan the lesson! My strength in our companionship is just the language! Luckily i can speak and understand spanish pretty well now so holding a conversation is not too hard! We also had a district meeting with all 10 of the elders! We shared the hardest experience that we had been through! It was very awesome to hear everyone struggles and be able to comfort them! The spirit was so strong in the meeting! I almost cried which would have been a first! But i guess I'm still not in tune with my emotions enough yet so maybe it will happen this next week hahaha!

Its already pday hahaha! Only 4 days in and we get a pday! so lucky for us hahaha! We woke up at 630 to play volleyball! it was so much fun! Elder Hansen is a beast at volleyball!! He seriously the best one on the court! Unfortunately the mtc doesnt let us keep score because they dont want competition... this is pretty hard for me because I am so competitive lol! We get to go to the temple this afternoon! I am so excited! I will try and get more pictures of my district and my zone for you guys!

I love you all so much! I am so glad I had the most amazing friends back home to get me to where I am now! I invite you all to make someone elses day a little better by being a friend during this Christmas Season! Also feel free to shoot me an email or dear elder because reading them really lifts any elders spirit! 


Con Amor,
-- 

Elder Zaugg


 Sister Ally Murphy
 Sister Karigan Poulson

Elder Hansen (in the middle) is my companion!  I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment